At KB Food Company we take our responsibility to the environment and future generations seriously and have a commitment to promoting sustainable and environmentally friendly, ecologically sound practices.
Our Rock Lobster Fishery is a world leader in sustainable practice and was recently re-certified as ecologically sustainable by the Marine Stewardship Council. We are proud to be a member of the Australian Packaging Covenant (APC). APC is an agreement between companies in the supply chain and all levels of Government to reduce the environmental impacts of consumer Packaging by encouraging improvements in packaging design, higher recycling rates and better stewardship of packaging.
Learn more about sustainability
At KB Food Company, our objective is to ensure that we operate to the world’s best practice in environmental protection and harm minimisation. This has been and is continually achieved by adherence to the following processes:
- Minimise the risk of on-site and off-site contamination through appropriate storage, treatment and handling of chemicals and wastes.
- Ensure and maintain efficient management of power and water facilities.
Minimise volumes and types of waste generated through ongoing recycling processes (fish waste, packaging; both cardboard and plastic).
- Minimise the use of chemicals through alternative sanitisation practices (through the use of enzymes).
- Package goods to minimise the long-term impact of their supply and use.
- Only utilise equipment and systems that comply with Australian and Internationally recognised environmental standards.
- Product goods from environmentally managed supply sources.