Tips for storing fresh fish, crustaceans and molluscs.
- Cover all seafood with plastic wrap before refrigerating to prevent drying.
- Scale, clean and gut fish. Clean and rinse squid, cuttlefish and octopus.
- Live molluscs (such as mussels) should be consumed as soon as possible after purchase. Before cooking, discard any shells that are open and don’t close when tapped or gently squeezed.
- Crustaceans (such as prawns) should be consumed as soon as possible after purchase.
- For all seafood, always store in the coldest part of the fridge and use within 2 days.